VetsEZ (Veterans EZ Info, Inc.), a verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), is a leading provider of information technology services to commercial and government markets. VetsEZ is a company of Subject Matter Experts with deep expertise in Healthcare IT and Benefits Delivery. VetsEZ strongly believes in making complexity EZ by providing tangible solutions that improve day-to-day business transactions, maximize efficiencies, eliminate risks, and reduce costs for our clients. For more information, visit us at www.vetsez.com.
VetsEZ is looking for a Technical Project Manager to establish a dedicated Security Operations practice, partnering with internal teams to develop and continuously improve the process, tools, and frameworks around Security. The ideal candidate will have experience in handling multiple tasks and deadlines, strong written communication skills, and the ability to apply appropriate communication techniques to various individuals across the enterprise.
- Lead with a continuous improvement mindset and ensure efficient communication around security best practices and the value they add
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path, track project milestones, and deliverables
- Provide Cybersecurity expertise and identify where internal and external controls are necessary and exercising and implementing those controls
- Audit for process compliance (minimize exceptions to rare crises) and provide escalation to ensure staff accountability and corrective actions
- Have oversight responsibility to ensure proper access controls have been implemented and mitigate risk through contingency plans as appropriate
- Work with stakeholders as the primary point of contact to ensure compliance with security policies, standards, best practices, guidelines, and procedures
- Degree in Business or Computer Science or a technical related major
- 5-7 years of experience in collecting, analyzing, and reporting to solve technical or management issues
- Familiarity with federal cybersecurity standards including but not limited to NIST, FIPS, security standards and policies
- Strong understanding of applying security measures for an enterprise environment and experience in providing technical oversight, security design, and engineering, and expert advice from initial phases of projects and continue throughout the project lifecycle
- Demonstrated success prioritizing and delivering multiple competing projects
- Outstanding communication, presentation, facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Experience with the Department of Veteran Affairs, tools, processes, and frameworks.
- Prefer a PMP, CISSP, Security+, or other relevant certifications
- 401k with Matching
- Corporate Laptop
- PTO + Federal Holidays
- Training opportunities
- Remote work options
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Sorry, we are unable to offer sponsorship at this time.